A Young Couples Journey Out Of Debt, And Down A Path To Financial Independence.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

About Me

I am a married 29 year old male living in the Greater Toronto Area. I decided to start this blog after many months of procrastination. My wife and I have an open relationship when it comes to money and we are very dedicated when it comes to debt repayment and long term financial planning. However, we do disagree about how far we are willing the stretch in order to achieve our goals. This blog will serve as an outlet for my thoughts on money, and as a way to solidify my ideas. Posting my thoughts and ideas will help me make them real. Hopefully I will get some feedback and some help along the way from potential readers of this blog. I hope to get some feedback, to let me know if I am on the right track.

Our current financial objective is to pay back all of our outstanding loans, approx. $16,000 worth, which is a combination of student line of credit and government student loans. Once accomplished we hope to save and invest in a range of broad based index funds.

We are concentrating solely on the LOC as the government loans have interest that is tax deductable.

If all goes well and we keep up with our payment schedule, we will be debt free by June 2008.

I am an avid reader of personal finance blogs, and I enjoy reading about how other people are struggling and overcoming the obstacle that is consumer debt. I feel recharged by their success and it keeps me going when I start to want to spend some money on frivolous things.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger